Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cookie #9 - Raisin Bran Cookies

My husband loves Raisin Bran.  I love watching him try to eat a bowl while Sydney picks the raisins out.  I really wanted this cookie to come out like a soft, chewy, fluffy oatmeal cookie.  Instead, they fell flat.  Literally.  In retrospect, I needed baking powder, not baking soda.  This mistake is the reason I'm doing this experiment - so I learn all the quirks of creating your own cookie recipes.  So I give you the recipe to critique.  The flavor was fantastic - they tasted just like Raisin Bran cereal.  I just need to work on the texture.

Raisin Bran Cookies

1 cup flour
1 cup Raisin Bran
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Cream together butter and sugars.  Add egg and vanilla.
Add flour, cinnamon and baking soda.  Fold in cereal and raisins.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheets.  Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until done.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

I invite any and all constructive criticism to my recipes.  If you have an idea as to why a recipe failed or what might make it better, please feel free to leave me a comment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD I LOVE RAISIN BRAN! I have to make this, it looks soooo gooood :D