Monday, September 20, 2010

Cookie #85 - Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble

Oh. My.
These have to be the best cookies I've made thus far.  Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my best friend's favorite flavor combinations.  I knew I wanted to make her a peanut butter cookie, only better.  I must say, I succeeded.
Now, before I throw my shoulder out patting myself on the back, let me give you the recipe...

Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble

1 cup butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
12 oz milk chocolate

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Melt milk chocolate, either in a double boiler or the microwave, and set aside to cool.
Cream butter and peanut butter together until well combined and smooth.  Add sugars and mix until well incorporated.  Mix in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Mix in vanilla.
Sift together dry ingredients and add slowly to the butter mixture mixing until just combined.
Drizzle the melted chocolate all over the dough.  Drag a large spoon through the dough.  Do not fully mix the chocolate into the dough - you want to create a marble effect with streaks of chocolate. 
Drop 1/4 cups full of dough, 3" apart onto parchment lined baking sheets.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

No comments: